At GHS we are committed to working alongside those who are affected by our research. We are privileged to have many older adults and caregivers engaged with our projects at every phase through the Seniors Helping As Research Partners (SHARP) group.
SHARP members partner with us in a number of ways including:
- Participating in discussions and feedback sessions about various research topics and priorities
- Developing presentations and/or co-presenting with researchers
- Consulting and collaborating on all phases of research (e.g. research design, data collection, interpreting findings, and developing knowledge translation products)
- Developing of research questions, grant writing and planning future research projects.
- Other activities such as, external research opportunities, events, workshops and social events
To date, we have over 60 members from the Waterloo-Wellington region. We are always looking for new members to share their experiences, ideas and opinions with us. If you are interested in collaborating with us, please contact us by filling out the 'contact us' page , or by email at email@example.com, or by calling Sheila Bodemer at 519-888-4567 Ext. 33160
Check out the following video to find out why some of our members choose to volunteer with SHARP.