Waterloo's German Language Summer School is back for 2018.
Dates: July 24 to August 28, 2018 (arrival: July 23, 2018; departure: August 29, 2018)
Apply on Passport.
Spend five weeks in the picturesque Bavarian town of Bamberg! The Bamberg Summer School offers you the opportunity to take five weeks of intense German-language courses, discover a beautiful area of Germany, and earn UW credits.
- Take German language courses designed for Canadian students.
- Take part in daytrips with a group of international students (e.g., Coburg, Nürnberg and Würzburg).
- Receive up three course credits (GER 201, GER 202 and GER 299).
- Housing (one week in a shared hotel room and four weeks in a single-room student residence) and various cultural activities (trips, parties and Bamberg city tour) are included in the programme fees (approx. 990 Euro).
- You pay tuition (i.e., for 1.5 credits) directly to the University of Waterloo.
- Apply for Fred and Ruth Stork Awards in German Studies to help pay for your flight.
DEADLINE 1. March, 2018!
- Pre-requisite: GER 102 (latest taken in Spring 2018) or equivalent
Questions? Contact Katja Czarnecki.
Information Session - 2018 Bamberg Summer School (slide show)
With approximately 70,000 inhabitants, Bamberg will make it easy for you to settle in and get acquainted with the city. Bamberg's old town was added to the UNESCO World Heritage register in 1993, and the city is currently experiencing what can only be described as a cultural boom. Since 2009, the student body has grown from 9,000 to 13,000 students. This means that every sixth person in Bamberg is a university student and YOU could be one of them.
Bamberg's location in the Regnitz valley, the city's seven hills, the Hain park with river-swimming, the proximity to the "Franconian Switzerland," the Haßberge Hills, the Steigerwald Nature Park and the Upper Main River Valley all add to the city's appeal.
As a university town, Bamberg has a lively nightlife and café culture. In addition to numerous pubs, bars and clubs, the city's many cafés provide the perfect setting for a short break – or an entire afternoon.
Bamberg freut sich auf Dich!