How is the Graduate Student Association (GSA-UW) Structured?
- Approximately 5000 graduate students in total registered per term.
- Attend and vote at Annual General Meeting, General Meetings, and referenda.
- Social and political body of the GSA representing all graduate students to UWaterloo.
- One representative from each academic department (voting).
- At-large councilors (non-voting) –various representation i.e. special interest groups, graduate student senator, etc.
- Council Representative nomination form
- Governing body of the corporation GSA-UW
- Oversees the operations of the corporation (GSA-UW)
- Accountable to members and compliant with corporate law
- Six directors ex-officio are appointed by the Board (Executives)
Additional Officers as determined by the Board (as needed, based on annual review of operations)
- General Manager
- Serves as Secretary-Treasurer (ongoing permanent appointment to a full-time staff member)
- reports to and serves as a resource to the Board
- Graduate House Manager
- Graduate House Staff
- GSA Administrative Assistant (PDF)