Graduate students are eligible to apply for funding for social or academic initiatives such as a reception, a workshop, a panel, a guest lecture, hosting a conference for graduate students, etc.
To be eligible, funding proposals must be submitted through one the following recognized parties:
- A GSA recognized graduate student association at the faculty, department, or program level;
- A social committee, consisting of three or more active-status graduate students, formed for the purpose of submitting a proposal for a graduate student initiative.
The GSA will consider funding for academic initiatives and social initiatives:
- Up to 100% of any proposal costing up to $500;
- Up to 50% of the next $500 of the proposal;
- Up to 25% of any additional amount of the proposal.
- Proposal applicants that are offered funding by the GSA must provide itemized receipts in order to be reimbursed.
- Funds offered by the GSA must be used in the term that they are offered.
How to Apply
- Apply by completing the Graduate Student Initiatives form.
- Members who opt-out of the Social Initiatives fee are NOT eligible to apply for GSI funding for social events.
- The GSA will call for proposals up to three times per term. Plan to submit your proposal according the schedule.
- The deadline for submitting a proposal will normally be two weeks from the call for proposals.
- Please submit your proposal by NOON
|Call for proposals-opening||Deadline for proposal submission by
12:00 p.m. (Noon)
|January 6, 2020||January 20, 2020|
|February 1, 2020||February 15, 2020|
|March 1, 2020||March 15, 2020|
Timeline and Decision
- Proposals that are submitted before the deadline may be offered funding within two to four weeks.
- Late proposals will not be considered but may be re-submitted through the next call for proposals.
Right to Rescind Offer
- The GSA reserves the right to rescind any offer of funding at any time and for any reason.
Effective Fall 2019, members who opt-out of the Social Initiatives fee are NOT eligible to apply for GSI funding for social events.