The program information below was valid for the fall 2016 term (September 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016). This is the archived version; the most up-to-date program information is available through the current Graduate Studies Academic Calendar.
The Graduate Studies Academic Calendar is updated 3 times per year, at the start of each academic term (January 1, May 1, September 1). Graduate Studies Academic Calendars from previous terms can be found in the archives.
Students are responsible for reviewing the general information and regulations section of the Graduate Studies Academic Calendar.
Length of program
- The minimum period of full-time registration for the program is three terms and the maximum allowable time is six terms of active registration. For part-time students, the minimum period of registration for the program is six terms and the maximum allowable time is fifteen consecutive terms.
- Study option(s)
- An Honours Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) with at least a 78% standing.
- Supplementary information form
- Number of references: 2
Type of references:
at least 1 academic.
English language proficiency (ELP) (if applicable)
- Graduate Academic Integrity Module (Graduate AIM)
- Students must successfully complete 8 one-term courses (0.50 unit weight) acceptable for credit by the Department.
- Students may register for any ECE course at the 600 or 700 levels.
- A minimum of 5 courses must be taken from within the ECE Department. A maximum of 3 courses may be taken from outside the Department but must be from the faculties of Engineering, Math and Science.
- A minimum grade of 65% in each of the 8 courses and a minimum cumulative average of 70% are required to remain in the program.
- Students wishing to complete one of the four Graduate Diplomas as part of their MEng program should consult the list of required courses for each Diploma before selecting courses.
- Link(s) to courses