The program information below was valid for the fall 2016 term (September 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016). This is the archived version; the most up-to-date program information is available through the current Graduate Studies Academic Calendar.
The Graduate Studies Academic Calendar is updated 3 times per year, at the start of each academic term (January 1, May 1, September 1). Graduate Studies Academic Calendars from previous terms can be found in the archives.
Students are responsible for reviewing the general information and regulations section of the Graduate Studies Academic Calendar.
- Study option(s)
- Students in the Master of Engineering (MEng) in Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering program may complete the requirements for the GDip in Green Energy in conjunction with their MEng requirements.
- Students must complete the following courses:
- Mandatory courses:
- ME 659 Energy and Environment
- Specific courses: 3 from the following list:
- ME 738 Special Topics in Materials: Hydrogen Storage Materials
- ME 751 Fuel Cell Technology
- ME 753 Solar Energy
- ME 760 Special Topics in Thermal Engineering: Low Energy Building Systems
- ME 760 Special Topics in Thermal Engineering: Building Energy Performance
- ME 760 Special Topics in Thermal Engineering: Air Pollution and Greenhouse Gases
- ME 765 Special Topics in Fluid Mechanics: Wind Energy
- General courses: 4 additional Faculty of Engineering graduate courses (subject to the approval of the Department).
- All courses are 600 and 700 level courses and students are not allowed to take more than 2 500 level courses (courses open to both undergraduates and graduates) out of their 8 required courses.
- Link(s) to courses