Stop stalling. Start writing.
Dissertation Boot Camp is designed to help dissertation writers get a jump start on meeting their writing goals.
This in-person, intensive Dissertation Boot Camp will take place from 8:30am to 4:30pm April 15-18.
Rules of participation
PhD and masters students are welcomed to apply. Please note that Engineering students writing their dissertation proposals are invited to apply.
The Dissertation Boot Camp program combines dedicated writing time, goal setting and writing strategy sessions, and one-on-one meetings with our writing specialists.
Dissertation Boot Camp has strict parameters for participation. Before applying, please think ahead to the week of the camp and decide whether you can meet the following expectations:
- Come to Boot Camp prepared to write.
- Participate in short, skill-building workshops.
- If you have lab responsibilities, you will need to find lab coverage
- Follow the guidelines provided by staff and/or the group. For example, we may ask you to shut off your internet access during writing sessions.
- You should set concrete goals for the program. We recommend that you meet with your supervisor to discuss your goals.
- Gather all of the materials you will need to write productively (articles, data, previous drafts with comments, research notes, etc.).
Space is limited!
You must be already writing or ready to begin.
Participants will be selected based on their applications. Those applicants who are not selected will be added to a waiting list in case there are cancellations.
Application for Dissertation Boot Camp
Applications to participate in April's Dissertation Boot Camp are due by March 8, 2019. Please use the Google form to apply.