This introductory workshop is a requirement for participating in the Professional Skills Foundations program, a professional skills credential for graduate students at the University of Waterloo. Professional Skills Foundations is designed to offer master's and doctoral students broad exposure to and experience in skills that help them succeed in graduate school, land a job, and thrive in their future workplace.
In this workshop, you will learn about the credential, complete a skills assessment exercise, and begin to create an Individual Development Plan (IDP) that will guide the rest of your progress through the Professional Skills Foundations program.
Technical and logistical information
Please be aware of the following:
- Registration is required through Eventbrite.
- This session is taking place on Zoom. A link to the Zoom meeting will be available in the Eventbrite online event page after you register. The link will also be emailed to registered students 2 days prior to the workshop, as well as the day of.
- This is an interactive session, and we encourage the use of participant video and audio during interactive portions of the workshop. Participants can also participate using the chat feature, if preferred.
- Attendance at the entire workshop is required to receive credit for the Foundations program. As such, participants arriving more than 15 minutes late will not be admitted into the workshop space.
- In order to track attendance, participants must log into Zoom in order to access the meeting. If you have not used Zoom before, please give yourself a few extra minutes to set up an account and log in.
Note: This synchronous workshop covers the same content as the online asynchronous introductory workshop in LEARN. Foundations participants need only complete one version of the workshop – either the live synchronous workshop, or the asynchronous version in LEARN.