This event is cancelled, as per the university-wide COVID 19 update from March 12.
This introductory workshop is a requirement for participating in the Professional Skills Foundations program, a new professional skills credential for graduate students at the University of Waterloo.
In this workshop, you will learn about the credential, complete a skills assessment exercise, and begin to create an Individual Development Plan (IDP) that will guide the rest of your progress through the Professional Skills Foundations program.
By attending this April Foundations workshop, participants will also have the option to participate in a block Foundations program, with the possibility of completing Foundations within 1-2 months. Note: completing within 1-2 months is not required, Foundations can be completed at your own pace.
Block program details:
- Attend the introductory workshop
- Complete an IDP and have the IDP approved by Monday, April 13. IDP's can be approved during a drop-in session on April 1 from 12:15 to 2:00 (NH 1110), or via a one-on-one appointment (booking details provided during workshop).
- Take advantage of advanced registration for the GRADventure Professional Skills Conference
- Attend the GRADventure Professional Skills Conference on April 30 to complete all Foundations workshop requirements
- Complete four activities (self-directed and completed at own pace as approved in the IDP)
- Submit reflections and confirmation of conference (workshop) attendance
- Participate in a mock interview with a Career Advisor
- Submit mock interview reflection/take-aways
- Receive letter of completion
Additional Information: Registration required through Eventbrite.
Please note: To receive credit for the introductory workshop, you must attend the entire workshop.
If you are unable to attend this workshop, but interested in Foundations, please register for the Professional Skills Foundations program to receive a notification when future workshops are scheduled.