FOR HEALTH AND WELLNESS PRACTITIONERS/EDUCATORS/STUDENTS IN WATERLOO REGION
It is with great pleasure that the KW Trans Health Initiative Committee announces the inaugural Transgender Health and Wellness Conference to be held on Saturday, November 17, 2018at Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine Waterloo Regional Campus in Kitchener, Ontario.
Stemming from student and community feedback on interactions with health and wellness practitioners in Waterloo Region, the Transgender Health and Wellness Conference 2018 aims to provide health and wellness practitioners/educators/students in Waterloo Region with education and resources to deliver trans-affirming health care and education. This event is one step towards providing more inclusive and affirming services and resources for transgender and non-binary individuals who live in Waterloo Region.
Registration for the Transgender Health and Wellness Conference 2018 is now open. You are invited to register if you work and/or attend school with Waterloo Region; AND fall within at least one of the following categories:
- A health and/or wellness practitioner
- An educator with a focus on health and/or wellness education
- A student within a health and/or wellness discipline
Space is limited! Get your ticket today to secure your spot!
Follow @TransHealthWR on Twitter for the most up-to-date information about the conference; including keynote speakers, session topics, and day-of logistics!
This conference is presented in collaboration with a growing list of partners and sponsors, including:
- University of Waterloo
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- University of Waterloo Health Services
- OK2BME and KW Counselling
- AHS and Engineering HeForShe
- Bayer HealthCare
- Michael G. DeGroot School of Medicine Waterloo Regional Campus
- Rainbow Health Ontario
- SAEFTY Team
- Rainbow Community Council
- Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network
- Qualia Counselling
- Donna Reist Reiki
- WLU Rainbow Centre
- The Glow Centre for Sexual and Gender Diversity
Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine – Waterloo Regional Campus
10b Victoria Street South
Parking is available in the lot immediately next to the building. Entrance off of Joseph Street extension).
This initiative is funded in larger part by the University of Waterloo HeForShe Equity Grants program.
Conference at a glance
8:00 a.m. - REGISTRATION
8:45 a.m. - WELCOMING WORDS Opening Remarks by Dr. Michael Lee-Poy
9:30 a.m. - MORNING SESSION
- Rainbow Health Ontario
- The OutLook Study
- Local Lived Experience Panel
12:45 p.m. - LUNCH and RESOURCE FAIR
1:45 p.m. - AFTERNOON SESSION #1
- Introduction to Gender Diversity (Extended Session) by Rainbow Health Ontario
- Hormone Replacement Therapy and Gender Affirming Surgeries by ARCH
- Key Clinical Practices for Supporting Trans Individuals by OK2BME
3:00 p.m. - AFTERNOON SESSION #2
- Supporting LGBTQ2+ Student Success in Schools by OK2BME
- Trans Affirming Sexual Health by ARCH
- Trans Affirming Care from the Perspective of Youth by SAEFTY
4:10 p.m. - CLOSING REMARKS
Closing Address by Gwen Benaway
5:30 p.m. - NETWORKING SOCIAL