- Contest is open to all students, faculty, staff, and alumni of the University of Waterloo.
- Submissions must not have been previously published in any other forum, whether print or online. However, pieces that were submitted as part of course work at Waterloo will be accepted.
- Entrants must consent to the publication of their work, whether in print or online.
- Entrants must consent to editing of their work for grammar and typos, as needed.
Content and Genre Requirements
- Submissions must fall into one of three broad categories: fiction, creative non-fiction, or poetry.
- The 2019-20 contest theme is legacy. Participants are asked to consider how we can all be advocates for equity.
- Where are there opportunities for collaboration to end systemic gender inequity?
- Entrants may submit more than one entry, but each entry must be no longer than 5000 words.
- Submissions must be received in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format.
- Submissions must include a word count at the end of the document.
- Fiction and creative non-fiction submissions should be double-spaced.
- If a poem moves on to a second page, indicate stanza breaks with a backslash (/), as needed.
- If submission is more than one page, include page numbers.
Submissions are due October 1, 2019