What is it?
- An educational model that combines academic study with work experience
- Students alternate terms of school with work in relevant fields, gaining up to two years of work experience
- Pioneered co-operative education in Canada in 1957
- The largest post-secondary co-op program of its kind in the world with more than 18,300 co-op students in over 140 programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels
Hire a co-op student
- New to co-op? Visit the steps to hiring, where we’ll guide you through the process.
- Hired from Waterloo before? Check out the recruiting dates and then post a job.
Most work terms are four months long. Some programs also have eight month work terms.
- Fall co-op term (September to December)
- Winter co-op term (January to April)
- Spring/summer co-op term (May to August)