We've put together some of the most essential information for faculty and staff, and tried to make it conveniently available here on our departmental website.
We've made a list of the most important policies and procedures for faculty and staff, as well as a list of the most important support contacts across campus.
We also help provide links to information on research funding and information to help new faculty appointments feel at home here in Waterloo.
Angela Roorda, the Faculty of Arts Research Development Officer, and Bruce Muirhead, the Associate Dean of Arts, Graduate Studies and Research, are available at any time during the year to help you with your research and grants application activities. They can
- Serve as a sounding board as you develop project ideas and a research plan,
- Connect researchers in the Faculty, colleges and university with similar research interests,
- Identify appropriate funding opportunities and help you develop a grant proposal,
- Direct you to grant writing resources (sample successful proposals, tip sheets, etc.),
- Assist you in obtaining internal peer review of your grant proposal, and
- Edit and provide structural feedback on grant proposals and applications.
Funding resources and information
- Academic Prizes and Awards Calendar
A list of deadlines for application/nomination for major academic prizes and awards for humanities and social sciences researchers.
Including Douglas Peers' very helpful powerpoint on SSHRC applications, plus numerous other grant-writing tip sheets.
Forms, Guidelines, and Rate Sheets
A collection of links to the Office of Research cover sheet, plus numerous other uWaterloo and SSHRC guidelines for ethics requirements, student wage rates, eligible expenses, per diem amounts etc. Visit this page when putting together your budget!
Grant Opportunities and Agency Links
A list of internal uWaterloo grant opportunities, plus links to major national, provincial, and foundation granting agencies of relevance to humanities and social sciences researchers.
Policies and procedures
Faculty and staff may find the following policies particularly relevant:
- 3. Sabbatical and Other Leaves for Faculty Members
- 14. Pregnancy and Parental Leaves (including Adoption)
- 31. Travel
- 33. Ethical Behaviour
- 40. The Chair
- 67. Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 69. Conflict of Interest
- 73. Intellectual Property Rights
- 77. Tenure and Promotion of Faculty Members
You may also wish to consult the complete list of university policies.
Department meetings are held as needed with faculty and student representatives.
Meeting minutes are available to faculty on the Departmental Sharepoint site.
Travel expense claims forms are available in the mail.
Faculty reimbursement forms are available from Donna Lang.
|Jane Forgay||History Liaison Librarianfirstname.lastname@example.org||Dana Porter Library|
|Sandra Hayes||Human Resources Advisoremail@example.com||GSC 130|
|Sue Koebel||Human Resources, Payroll Benefits Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org||GSC 130|
|Keith McGowan||Arts Computing, Secondary Support Personemail@example.com||PAS 2024|
|Rose Padacz||Office for Persons with Disabilities, Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org||NH 1138|
|Angela Roorda||Arts Research Development Officeremail@example.com||PAS 2432|
|Leo Rothenburg||Waterloo International, Associate Vice-Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org||NH 1109|
|Lisa Tomalty||Arts Computing, Primary Support Personemail@example.com||PAS 2023|