Need some academic advice?
Professor Kroeker is the Associate Chair of Undergraduate Studies in the History department - she is also your Undergraduate Advisor!
She can help with academic issues, including:
- Declaring History as a major
- Adding a History minor
- Course selection
- Studying abroad
If you have any questions about your progress or course selection after completing the appropriate self assessment form, feel free to schedule an appointment.
Professor Kroeker is available for advising appointments on Thursday afternoons. Please sign up on her door (HH 116) or send her an email to book an appointment. Before attending and advising appointment, please complete your degree checklist.
Assessing Degree Requirements
The forms below help you assess your academic progress. These are great tools to help you plan for upcoming terms and ensure you are on the right track to completing your History degree.
Students declaring a history major after September 1, 2016 follow the requirements in the 2016-2017 calendar. Existing history majors may choose to follow the new requirements or continue in their current path.
Have questions? Drop by HH 115 or send an email to the Undergraduate Administrative Co-ordinator.
Arts Major Reset 2016-17: declaring your major after September 2016
If you declared History as your major after September 2013, but before Arts Reset (September 2016)
If you declared History as your major before September 2013
If you have any questions about which form to use, how to submit it, or documentation you might need with the form, drop by HH 115 or send an email to the Undergraduate Administrative Co-ordinator.
The Registrar's Office maintains frequently used forms, including:
About to graduate?
Congratulations on your achievement – you've worked hard to get to this point in your academic life! Here you will find helpful information about convocation and the University of Waterloo graduation process.
- Check out the Registrar's Convocation page to find all the information you'll need to get organized for graduation
- Review your transcript and complete a Self Assessment form to ensure you've met all your degree requirements and you are eligible to graduate from your desired program
- Schedule an appointment to confirm your degree progress with the Undergraduate Advisor if you have any questions or concerns
- Submit your Intention to Graduate form to the Registrar's Office before the convocation deadline (typically March 1 for spring graduation and August 1 for fall graduation)
- Confirm there are no holds on your student account on Quest