Waterloo Residences acknowledges that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabeg, and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on each side of the Grand River.
Community Leaders are upper year undergraduate or graduate students who support the development of an engaging student experience for upper-year students in residence as members of the Residence Life team.
Community Leaders are appointed to foster a positive residence experience for upper year residents, conducive to successful academic and personal development.
- Work with Community Leader team to provide Upper Year residents with a variety of cross-residence programs
- Conduct ongoing resident-Community Leader 1-1 meetings
- Take a pro-active approach in community building to support the personal and academic development of students
- Collaborate with Alumni-in-Residence to plan and/or facilitate experiential learning opportunities to supplement Upper Year experience
- Working alongside Residence Life team, Residence Facilities group, and other areas to ensure our residents’ needs are met
What we're looking for
- Someone who has past experience as a Don
- Someone with varied experiences, excellent communication skills, proven leadership ability, resourceful, and a genuine interest in helping others
- Someone who is flexible and adapts to a changing work environment, a creative problem-solver
- Someone who has knowledge of campus life and resources available to students
- Someone who is a team player
I would like to apply to be a Community Leader in Fall 2018 and/or Winter 2019, when can I submit an application?
The Fall 2018/Winter 2019 term applications is closed.
The application for Spring 2019 will open in September.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently asked questions
I would like to apply to be a Community Leader for Fall 2017 / Winter 2018, when can I submit an application?
Unfortunately, applications for Fall 2017/Winter 2018 have closed. Please check back in Fall 2017 for information about Spring 2018 hiring.
I have not yet worked as a Don, can I apply to be a Community Leader?
To be eligible for the Community Leader role you must have a least one term experience as a Don.
I have worked as a Don at a College-University residence, can I apply to be a Community Leader?
Please contact Residence Life at email@example.com.
I have additional questions, which weren't answered, who can I talk to?
You can contact Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.