To make sure you are 100% guaranteed a room in residence next fall, be sure to mark these dates down!
February to June
Step 1: Take a tour
During this time or earlier, offers of admission will start to be sent to students accepted to the University of Waterloo. We invite you to visit the campus and our residences during:
Step 2: Accept your UWaterloo Offer of Admission
Before you apply for residence, you must accept your offer of admission from the University of Waterloo.
- Accept your offer of admission by June 1, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EDT
Step 3: Reserve your room!
There’s no better way to start your studies at UWaterloo than by living in residence.
To reserve your room, you must complete the following 2 steps:
1) Residence Community Reservation Form
Complete the Residence Community Reservation Form Here (form is now closed). Please see step 3B to apply for residence through the Vacancy application.
(Note: You will have the opportunity to let us know your residence building preferences on June 15).
Included in this form:
2) $500 deposit
A $500 non-refundable deposit along with the completed Residence Community Reservation Form, guarantees you a room in residence!
Your deposit must be received by Waterloo Residences by June 13, 11:59 p.m. EDT.
Your reservation form will not be completed until you make your deposit. Payments can be made online by credit card or INTERAC® Online to ensure the deposit is received by the deadline.
If you submitted your Residences Community Reservation Form without making a deposit, you can always go back to the online form and make your deposit before the June 1 deadline.
Step 3b: Reserve your room! (If Ranking and Reservation form were missed)
Step 4: Residence preference and roommate requests
On June 13, check the email you used to apply to OUAC with, for your Waterloo Residences confirmation!
On June 15, if you are placed with Waterloo Residences, we will email you a link to the Waterloo Residences Preferences Form (WRPF).
- The Waterloo Residences Preferences Form opens on June 15, 9:00 a.m. EDT
- Complete the form by June 22, 11:59 p.m. EDT
Included in this form:
- Allows you to rank your residence building preferences and room types,
- Request a roommate,
- Select your meal plan
July to September
Step 5: Room assignments - Accept your residence contract
Starting July 11th, we'll be sending out contracts - find out exactly where you'll be living!*
Your residence contract (terms of agreement) and room assignment will be emailed to your @edu.uwaterloo.ca inbox. Don't forget to check!
You must accept your contract by the assigned deadline date or you will lose your room.
Step 6: Get ready for move-in day
Congratulations! Welcome to Waterloo Residences. Now you can start getting ready for move-in weekend taking place September 3 and 4 (depending on residence).
Tips to help you get ready:
- We've listed what to bring (and what not to bring) for your future residence community.
- Your residence move-in day can be found on the move-in page.
- Check your UWaterloo email often, as we will begin sending you our monthly e-newsletter filled with important information including move-in dates, what to expect, and other helpful tips.
- Visit our brand new Welcome Guide and get helpful tips on living in residence and learn about the services available to you.
- Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as we share videos, contests and tips for incoming first-years. We also answer any questions you may have!