Waterloo Residences acknowledges that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabeg, and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on each side of the Grand River.
Front Desk Assistants (FDAs) are dynamic students who are hired to provide outstanding customer service on behalf of Desk Services to students, parents, visitors, staff, and faculty who visit our residences.
FDAs work across all of our residence communities (excluding Minota Hagey) and their Front Desks to cover our hours of operation (which can include days, evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.)
This job is a paid position at the rate of $14.00/hour.
- Answering questions in person, on the phone, or by email
- Signing out equipment, selling stamps, processing mail
- General oversight of the Community Centre
- Working alongside our Residence Life team, Residence Facilities group, and other areas to ensure our residents’ needs are met
For more information, please refer to the FDA Job Description .
What we're looking for
- Someone who has a general knowledge and awareness of campus life and resources available to students, as well as a willingness to learn
- Someone who pays close attention to detail
- Someone who can maintain an open and welcoming environment which allows customers to ask questions
- Someone who is a team player
I would like to apply to be an FDA for Spring 2020, when can I submit an application?
Recruitment for Fall 2020/Winter 2021 will run from January 27, 2020 to February 16, 2020 .
If you have any questions, please contact the Coordinator, Desk Services Program and Resources, Adrianne Rabara.