Waterloo Residences acknowledges that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabeg, and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on each side of the Grand River.
Did you know 100% of fall 2018 MAB members said they'd recommend this opportunity to a friend?
The Marketing Advisory Board (MAB) is a group of students who play a critical role in assessing Waterloo Residences marketing strategies, communications and campaigns. We rely on your input to provide suggestions, feedback and ideas to better connect with current and future UWaterloo students.
Applications for the winter 2019 Marketing Advisory Board are now open.
Winter 2019 schedule
Meetings are held every other Monday, from January 21 - March 18. Meeting time for the winter term will be determined by the availability of candidates (see LEADS post for more information).
- Meeting 1: Monday January 21
- Meeting 2: Monday, February 4
- Meeting 3: Monday, February 25
- Meeting 4: Monday, March 4
- Meeting 5: Monday, March 18
- Be heard! Voice your opinions
- All suggestions are used to improve department initiatives
- Looks great on a résumé
- A great way to get involved with where you live
- A great way to meet people
- Gain leadership experience
- Free dinner – a student has to eat!
- Free right FIT t-shirt!
- No one knows better than students – we want to hear from you!
There are five MAB meetings each term. The first session on January 21 is mandatory. After that, members are expected to attend at least 3 of the 4 remaining meetings. Food is provided at every session.
Students are encouraged to apply sooner rather than later to avoid missing any opportunities. Successful applicants will be notified by December 19 and expected to complete a short survey to confirm their spot.
- Website redesign
- Social media initiatives
- Marketing campaign development (including key messages)
- Residence Life and Living-Learning programs
- Residence promotional material development
- New student position advisement and development