Waterloo Residences acknowledges that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabeg, and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on each side of the Grand River.
Peer Leaders are upper-year students who are academic mentors for students in the Living-Learning Communities.
Each Living-Learning Community has Peer Leaders from the relevant program (i.e. the Arts and Business Living-Learning Community has Peer Leaders who are upper-year Arts and Business students).
- Developing 1-1 relationships with the eight to fifteen students in your cluster
- Sharing your academic experience with students in your cluster
- Referring students to campus resources (i.e. academic advisors, Counseling Services)
- Encouraging students to take advantage of resources and get engaged with campus life
- Building connections with faculty, alumni, and other upper-year students
What we're looking for
- Excellent communication, teamwork, leadership, and critical thinking skills
- Candidates who enjoy, and are successful, in their academic program
- Genuine interest in helping other students succeed
Please stay tuned for Fall 2019/Winter 2020 Details.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Frequently asked questions
What is the hiring cycle for Peer Leaders?
Peer Leaders are hired 2-3 terms in advance. For example, hiring for both Fall 2019 and Winter 2020 Peer Leaders takes place in January 2019.
I have additional questions, which weren't answered, who can I talk to?
If you have any questions regarding applying to be a Peer Leader, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.