Live with peers who share your drive for success and interest in accounting and financial management.
In addition to living with and learning from your peers, you will also have support from your Peer Leader – an upper-year student from the School of Accounting and Finance, who has taken similar courses and can connect you with the people and resources you need to succeed.
Join your academic community
The School of Accounting and Finance will be offering first-year students entering one of the following programs the chance to live in a Living-Learning Community:
- Accounting & Financial Management
- Biotechnology/Chartered Professional Accounting
- Computing & Financial Management
- Mathematics/Chartered Professional Accounting
Activities & Events
Your experience matters! Your Peer Leader will connect you to your SAF community, programs that will enhance your in-class learning, and help you reach your fullest potential as a student and an aspiring professional.
- Facilitating study sessions in residence for core courses such as AFM101 and ECON101
- Bringing you to social activities to help you to connect with your community, like Hot Chocolate and Chill in the Winter and SAF Community Celebration
- Practicing your handshake, introduction, dressing for success, and other networking skills in a safe space with upper-year students to prepare you for the real thing
- Helping you to build your schedule and manage your energy so you can find time for your academics, community experiences, health and wellness, and career development
About Village 1 residence
The School of Accounting and Finance community will be in Village 1, one of our traditional-style residence buildings.
In Village 1, you’ll be part of a dynamic environment where you can meet up with friends and grab a late night snack from the cafeteria, relax by playing some basketball at the outdoor court, or get some work done in one of the study rooms.
How to join
Incoming students can indicate their interest in a Living-Learning Community on the Residence Community Ranking Form during the residence application process.
The Residence Community Ranking form for Fall 2019 will open in February 2019.
If you have any questions regarding Living-Learning Communities, please email Living-Learning or call us at 519-888-4567, ext. 31314.