Extension request

The Winter 2020 Extension Form will open on March 9, 2020.

Students are encouraged to provide a detailed explanation of why they require a move-out extension, especially if the reason for the request does not meet the examples listed below. Documentation is required to support an extension request. Examples include: a copy of an airline ticket or a course syllabus listing a take home assignment.

The latest possible move-out date is April 26, 2020 (noon) upon approval. Requests for extensions will not be considered after the last day of classes, April 3, 2020.

Eligibility criteria

  • You need an extension because of academic course requirements that are due after your move out date, or
  • You have a permanent address from postal code P or K, or
  • You are travelling out of the province or internationally to get back home or to an accredited co-op work term. You must have a pre-purchased airline ticket in order to be accommodated.
  • Any student leaving on April 26, 2020 must vacate by 12 p.m. (noon)

No extensions will be granted beyond the final date on your residence contract.

If you have any questions pertaining to the extension request process, please contact the Residence Life General Inquiry Account for your building:

Ron Eydt Village: rev.reslife@uwaterloo.ca

Village 1: v1.reslife@uwaterloo.ca

Columbia Lake Village South: clv.reslife@uwaterloo.ca

Mackenzie King Village: mkv.reslife@uwaterloo.ca

Minota Hagey: mh.reslife@uwaterloo.ca

UW Place: uwp.reslife@uwaterloo.ca

Staying in Waterloo

We'd love to have all of our residents stay with us between terms but then we wouldn't have time to prepare residence for the next term.

Between term accommodations

Find a place to stay with our local accommodations list - perfect for those needing extra time, have family or friends visiting, or do not quality for an extension or early arrival.

Move-out procedures

Everything you need to know about key returns, room inspections, and more for move-out.


If you have questions about the extension process, please contact your Residence Life Co-ordinator.