Waterloo Residences acknowledges that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabeg, and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on each side of the Grand River.
The Fall 2019 extension form is now open!
Students are encouraged to provide a detailed explanation of why they require a move-out extension, especially if the reason for the request does not meet the examples listed below. Documentation is required to support an extension request.
- a copy of an airline ticket
- a course syllabus listing a take-home assignment.
The latest possible move-out date is December 22, 2019 by 12:00 pm, upon approval, with the exception of International Students enrolled in the December Stay program.
Requests for extensions will not be considered after the last day of classes (December 3, 2019).
- You need an extension because of academic course requirements that are due after your move out date, or
- You have a permanent address from postal code P or K, or
- You are an out-of-province or international student. You must have a pre-purchased airline ticket in order to be accommodated, or
- You are registered for the December International Student Stay Program.
Please note: Any student who has been approved to move out on December 22nd 2019 must vacate by 12 p.m. (noon).
December International Student Stay Program
Students registered for the December International Student Stay Program are required to submit an extension request, dated for December 23rd. You are required to provide proof of registration.
Details regarding your move out procedure will be communicated via e-mail by the Housing department.
No extensions will be granted beyond the final date on your residence contract.
If you have any questions pertaining to the extension request process, please contact the Residence Life General Inquiry Account for your building:
Ron Eydt Village: firstname.lastname@example.org
Village 1: email@example.com
Columbia Lake Village South: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mackenzie King Village: email@example.com
Minota Hagey: firstname.lastname@example.org
UW Place: email@example.com