Waterloo Residences acknowledges that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabeg, and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on each side of the Grand River.
Join us in residence as we bring awareness and support for mental health and wellness.
Ron Eydt Village
- Wellness Tie-Dye - REV North Quad Lounge from 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Each colour of tie-dye will correspond to an aspect of mental health; the product will be a visual representation of how mental health has affected us one way or another.
- Post Secret Wall - REV Cafeteria from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Contribute an anonymous secret or words of encouragement for those struggling with mental health.
V1 Takes on Mental Wellness - Outside Village 1 Multi-Purpose Room from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Contribute to a mental health and wellness wall and answer questions about wellness. Also find colouring activities, puzzles, tea, and cookies.
- Notes of Kindness - Lobby windows of Eby Hall, Wilmot Court, New Residence Building from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Contribute to a Notes of Kindness Wall in the front lobbies of Eby Hall, Wilmot Court, or NRB.
Planting Positivity - NRB Great Hall from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Plant seeds in mini compost planting pots. Paint the pots or write positive statements on them.
Dreams and Fears Wall - UW Place Grand Commons from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Share a personal dream and fear, and learn more about the dreams and fears in your community. Also, find colouring activities and buttons!
Minota Hagey / Velocity Residence
Positiviti-tea Talks - Minota Hagey Great Hall 7:00 p.m. Enjoy tea and cupcakes, and chat about mental health and wellness in the community.
- Post-Secret Wall - CLV Community Centre from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Share how you support your peers or how you receive support when times get tough. Snacks and chats will be available!
- Take What You Need - MKV Main Floor Lounge from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Share positive messages, pay forward random acts of kindness, and take what you need from the board.
There are even more event happening around campus you can find here.