Graduate housing benefits
Whether you are a single graduate, exchange student, or have a family, we have a place for you.
- No 12-month lease, great landlord
- All utilities included and free unlimited Internet
- Kitchen and laundry facilities
- Grocery shuttle every Saturday
- Independent living within a diverse community
- Campus shuttle to/from campus or a short 15-minute walk
- Live with other grad students
- Community Centre and recreational programming
Frequently asked questions
I'm a visiting scholar (researcher, professor, student from another institution)
can I apply to live on campus?
Only full-time registered uWaterloo students are eligible to live in residence.
Are the fees paid by year or per term?
Residence fees for students living in a single graduate residence are assessed and paid per term.
What is the length of the contract?
Single graduate students are offered a one-term renewable contract.
Do you have one-bedroom apartments?
Our graduate and family housing consists of 2-bedroom and 4-bedroom (not available for families) townhouses located in Columbia Lake Village (CLV-North and CLV-South).
What happens if I am inactive for a term?
You must be registered as a full-time student to apply for residence in Columbia Lake Village. Once living in the community, if you become inactive and it is approved by the Graduate Studies Office (GSO), you will be permitted to remain in residence for as long as your status is approved by the GSO. You are required to inform us of your situation, and submit documentation to verify it, by contacting us.