Residence is guaranteed to transfer students when you apply by June 1, 2018.
Transferring to the University of Waterloo? Check one big item off your Transfer To-Do List: Finding a place to live.
If you have an offer of admission, Waterloo has a room waiting for you – a guaranteed place in one of our residences with other upper-year students like you.
There are many great reasons to live on-campus during your studies here.
All residences are located within a 10 - 15 minute walk to the centre of campus. Your room or apartment comes furnished and all utilities are included: heat, electricity, water, Internet and even great services like the grocery shuttle.
You can apply on your own or with friends, either way there are other students around to make it feel like home. Plus there is academic support, social activities, and more.
Did you know that you can live in residence during local co-op terms? Residence contracts match your academic stream so you only pay for the terms you're on campus – no worries about finding a subletter!
As you continue to prepare for your future, it’s important to enhance your self-awareness and develop skills that will help you navigate your choices. This program can assist you in developing those skills and in making connections with alumni mentors, other upper-year students, and subject matter experts. Learn more about the program here.
About our residences
Village One and UW Place are home to first-year students, but your space is reserved in an upper-year only building as part of that residence community.
Enjoy worry-free living in a single, double, or interconnecting traditional room.
- Centrally located community centre and cafeteria is the heart of Village 1, you’ll always see someone you know.
- Cafeteria and meal plan means that you won’t have to grocery shop, cook or do any dishes.
- Single and interconnecting rooms have corkboard walls so that you can stay organized, and make your room your own with posters and pictures of friends and family.
- All houses have housekeepers to keep common areas and bathrooms clean.
- Dons in every house means that someone is always there to support you, plan events, and enforce residence policies.
Find your fit in a 3- or 4-bedroom suite
- Suite-style living is a great balance of privacy and social interaction.
- Cooking your own meals means you get to eat what you want, when you want.
- Living in UWP is a great way to become more familiar with the City of Waterloo as it’s close to Waterloo Park, Uptown Waterloo, and major bus routes.
- UWP is located at the south end of campus and is close to many academic buildings and a variety of shops and restaurants.
How to reserve your space in residence
Residence is guaranteed for transfer students when you apply by June 1, 2018.
- If you haven’t already done so, you must accept your offer of admission online at www.ouac.on.ca.
- You must meet any conditions outlined on your Offer of Admission.
- Apply online for two terms in residence (either Fall/Winter or Fall/Spring).
Waterloo Residences (email@example.com) will contact you – in fact you will receive a confirmation email once you apply letting you know your application was received.
You will receive an offer of residence within 1-3 days of submitting your application. Your offer of residence will include the specific room type and building location of your allocation.
A $500 deposit will be required at the time of accepting your contract.
Waterloo Residences will send along move-in information later in the summer 2018 to let you know the specific details about moving into your new home.
If you’d like to visit, you can book a campus tour through our Visitors Centre.
Have a question?
Offers of admission
(519) 888-4567 ext. 37134 & 31594
(519) 888-4567 ext. 32679