The University of Waterloo is hosting a Lean seminar that will consist of Lean project sharing and a workshop facilitated by Karyn Ross, co-author of The Toyota Way to Service Excellence: Lean Transformation in Service Organizations.
Employees who are interested in learning more about University of Waterloo Lean initiatives and about Lean methodology in general, are invited to register for this event.
Lean Workshop | 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. | STC 1012
Creating a Culture of Daily Continuous Improvement In Higher Education
- This workshop will cover the basic 4Ps of the Toyota Way to Service Excellence (Philosophy, Process, People and Problem-solving)
- Learn how concepts such as flow, waste, visual management and daily problem-solving (PDCA) apply in a Higher Ed environment
- Practice a 15-minute a day coaching approach to understand how coaching creates and supports a culture of continuous improvement
- Registration is now closed as we have reached maximum capacity. Please contact Raghda Sabry to be put on the waitlist. Registration for the Lean Projects Fair is still open.
Lean Projects Fair | 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. | EC5 1111
- Departments around campus will showcase their lean projects in a ‘science fair’ style setting and share their experiences with continuous improvement methodologies
- Members from the external CIA Consortium will also be showcasing their projects
- The fair will run all afternoon, come by at anytime. Please register for the afternoon Lean Projects Fair to let us know you're coming.