Programs, events, and camps
At the University of Waterloo, there are many programs that you and your children can enroll in. We have a wide range of activities, events, and summer camps to keep your child developing and learning and also entertained.
- Engineering Scince Quest Camp (ESQ) - "ESQ is a summer camp program that provides children of all ages the opportunity to explore the worlds of science, math, and engineering. It's a unique hands-on experience that combines fun and stimulation in a learning environment. ESQ is a non-profit organization that is managed by students at the University of Waterloo."
- Summer Programs for Children (IPA) - A listing of the great summer camps here at Waterloo including the Hildegard Marsden Day Nursery Summer Camp and the Klemmer Farmhouse Co-operative Nursery Summer Program.
All of the University's Museums and Observatories are free of charge and are open to the public. Waterloo also has various theatres. Visit the official pages for hours of operations and further details.
- Earth Sciences Museum - for those with interest in Dinosaurs, Gems and Minerals, or Touring the Geological Rock Gardens.
- Museum of Visual Science - Canada's only museum dedicated to preserving the history of vision science has a large collection of historical optical devices, glasses, and optical illusions on display.
- Astrophysics and Gravitation Observatory - Visit the public tours the first Wednesday of every month.