Audience: Students, Faculty and Staff
This workshop will raise your awareness of behaviours and attitudes that may contribute or lead to workplace harassment. You will also learn how these can be recognized and addressed in order to minimize the incidences of harassing behaviour.
By participating in this workshop, you will:
- become knowledgeable about the legal and policy contexts of workplace harassment
- understand our obligations and rights as employees and supervisors under these laws and policies
- gain skills to create and support an environment where harassment is less likely to occur
- understand the elements of a reasonable response to a harassment complaint
- discuss why bystanders may not intervene and how employers can encourage bystanders to play a role in preventing workplace harassment
Our workshops are in high demand and have limited capacity, often with waiting lists. We kindly ask that if you can no longer attend, you cancel your registration by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24 hours prior to the workshop to make room for those on the waitlist. We acknowledge and understand that things happen, so even if it is a late cancellation (within 24 hours), please still let us know. Others may be able to join in your place. Thank you for accommodating this request.