Who: Students, Faculty, and Staff
What: In this interactive 3-hour workshop, divided over two-days, attendees will develop tools, strategies, and resources to respond effectively to disclosures of sexual violence.
How: Training on sexual violence prevention and response supports the University’s commitment to fostering a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment and each of us plays an important role in promoting a safe and respectful environment.
In Part I of this workshop on May 31, we will:
- Orient you to the Training
- Review Learning Outcomes
- Define Sexual Violence
- Review Policy 42
- Review Resources, and
- Begin to unpack common sexual violence myths
In Part II of this workshop on June 3, we will:
- Further unpack common myths and prepare easy responses to have on hand that convey the truth about sexual violence
- Provide best practices for responding to disclosures
- Point you in the direction of further training
Online, two-day, 1.5 hour workshops in a small-group setting.