Download and installation steps for home computers
- Download installer for home computers.
- Run installer by double clicking on SCEP-Home-Unmanged.exe.
- Once the installer opens, click Next.
- Accept the license agreement.
- You can either accept or decline to join the Customer Improvement Program. Recommendation is to accept.
- If a firewall is not turned on, turn on the Windows Firewall.
- Click Remove now.
- Wait while the SCEP installer removes other security programs.
- When Symantec is being removed you may see a warning that Symantec Endpoint Protection has been turned off. This is ok.
- When the installation is completing you will also see a message that System Center Endpoint Protection is out of date. This is ok. SCEP will update itself once the install has finished.
- Once the installer has completed, select Scan my computer for potential threats after getting the latest updates and select Finish.
- After selecting this option a scan of your computer will start.
To change your SCEP settings
If at any time you would like to change your System Center Endpoint Protection settings complete the following steps:
- Open your system tray and right click on the SCEP icon and select Open.
- Click the Settings tab. This will show all options you can change/modify.
- You can change any settings you wish, but the default settings should be fine for most users.
All systems in academic support automatically receive SCEP and are managed by Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). If your system does not receive SCEP or runs into an issue, you can install/re-install the client the following way:
- Download installer for campus managed computers.
- Click Save file.
- Double click on the SCEP installer, SCEP-Campus-Managed.exe.