This session will be recorded. The link will be posted on the PDAG website.
CEL-Management Information Dashboard - Visualizing Data through PowerBI
The lack of centralized, rich, accurate and real-time management information about the online learning and professional development businesses of the Centre for Extended Learning (CEL) has been a longstanding hurdle to the expansion of the unit. As a potential solution, the CEL Systems team initiated the Management Information Dashboard (CEL-MID) project in Spring 2019 to develop a centralized dashboard which feeds on multiple internal and external data sources, including the IST data lake, periodically and in real-time to generate tailored visualizations using the Microsoft PowerBI platform. The CEL-MID has five main dashboards which are Senior Management, Management, Staff, Professional Development and Public with access control managed through Grouper. Each dashboard consists of multiple tabs hosting various tailored reports such as:
- Student Enrolment – overview, by career, by learner, WD/WF count
- Student Demographics – citizenship status, exam location
- Courses and Programs – course count, WatPD courses, X no. of courses (unique count)
- Systems Projects – project progress, resource allocation
- Course production projects – progress, resource allocation, time-on-task
- Externally funded projects – progress
- New reports added through fortnightly sprints based on the self-service intake form
Kanchan Dhiman is an Information Systems Analyst – Systems at Centre of Extended Learning, University of Waterloo, Canada. She is a part of the Systems support team where she leads the CEL-MID project and other initiatives such as Software Quality Assurance.
Jason Greatrex is the Support Team Manager -Systems at the Centre for Extended Learning
Ishan Abeywardena is the Associate Director – Systems at the Centre for Extended Learning
Jason will provide an overview of what has kept IST’s Information Security Services team busy during 2020 and what we can expect in the near future.
Jason Testart is the Director of IST’s Information Security Services where he provides campus leadership in cybersecurity matters and oversees a team providing services in cyber security operations, identity and access management, and cyber risk management.
During this session, Daryl will be provide an update on some of the major projects across his team with specific emphasis on:
- Longer term planning for Quest
- Data environment and agile approach to supporting campus needs
- Integration technologies
- Update on CRM and Dubhub
- ERP landscape at other universities across Canada
Daryl Dore is the Director of ERP within IST and responsible for leading IST efforts for Quest, HR, Financial and data systems.