Please note: this workshop will be broken into two sessions to accommodate scheduling flexibility. A detailed itinerary for the workshop are included with the RSVP form
Current State Analysis
- From mid-June to mid-July 2014, the Portfolio Management Group (PMG) began a series of interviews to assess existing perceptions regarding Project Management (PM) processes, tools, and techniques of PMG clients and partners throughout IST.
- The interviews were performed by a neutral third party on behalf of PMG to;
- Solicit unfiltered, open and honest feedback.
- Ensure unbiased collection and interpretation of results.
- The comments and responses were compiled into a catalogue of over 800 comments, observations, and suggestions. To better focus on building and improving PM processes, pain-points were categorized into the following theme areas:
- Methodology & Process
- Governance & Accountability
- Resource Commitment & Support
- The Project Managment Office (PMO) provides a service to IST. The PMO will work collaboratively with IST and IST clients to ensure the service is value-added by combining IST’s knowledge and expertise with best practices, enabling an improved our project and program management environment.
- Ultimately improve project/program execution, results and outcomes.
- While we have documented pain-points and categorized them in theme groups, we would like to ask for YOUR help with the following:
- Ensuring our summary is complete and accurate
- Prioritizing pain-points
- Identifying root causes for various pain-points
- Developing a plan to address root causes
- By addressing root-causes important to all of us, we hope to improve project team performance across IST and increase the likelihood of success for IST projects.
The full summary document PMO Current State Analysis (PDF) to be used at the workshop is available for your reference.
A detailed itinerary for the workshop are included with the RSVP form
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1