At this seminar you will hear about the areas within ITMS that support the online learning environment including LEARN (D2L’s learning management system) and many other tools; e-classrooms and other presentation spaces and equipment; live collaboration tools; and audio/video content creation. Please come to learn what the teams have been working on, and are planning, and to ask any questions.
Andrea is the Director ITMS in IST. This group supports use of technologies and facilities for teaching and learning, as well as for other applications. Andrea is a graduate of uWaterloo, with a Masters of Mathematics in Computer Sciences, with an undergraduate in Science (Math) at Saint Mary’s University in Halifax. To balance forgetting more math than she ever learned, she has gained some knowledge in canoeing, kayaking, and Dutch Oven cooking on canoe camping trips.
Friday’s seminar will pilot the use of Webex to broadcast the session from EC5 1111. You can join it as with any typical webinar session.
- Join the event online on Friday: IST ITMS Update Session. Note: You will need the event password: letmein
- When you enter the event, you are prompted for your name and email address, and the event password. This is not a uWaterloo login, it is used just to identify you as a participant for this event.
- Click on “Connect Audio and Video”, or close that window (it will not affect your attendance at this event).
- Other tips:
- You can test Webex on your system in advance of the seminar by visiting: https://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html
- You can use most browsers (Safari can be a bit finicky) or download the device app.
- We will keep your audio muted during the session so the room doesn’t hear you coughing, eating chips, or typing. J
- Leave the session by clicking the encircled “X” icon at the bottom of the presentation screen.
- Need help before the event? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
305 Phillip St.
Waterloo, ON N2L 5Z5