What is happening? Adobe Acrobat Pro 11 will be removed from all IST managed computers in Academic Support departments.
When is this happening? Friday, November 3 at 11:00 p.m.
Why is this happening?
- Adobe Acrobat Pro 11 reached the end of its five year product cycle support life on October 15, 2017.
- End-of-life means Adobe will no longer be providing any product or security updates for this version of Acrobat Pro.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro is one of the highest risk software applications due to the security vulnerabilities associated with it.
What do you need to do?
- Please make arrangements to upgrade to Adobe Acrobat DC v2017 which is now available for purchase from the IST Webstore for $110 per licensed computer: https://strobe.uwaterloo.ca/ist/saw/webstore/
- You must provide the hostname of every computer you are purchasing a license for. Following purchase, Acrobat Pro DC v2017 will be remotely installed and managed by IST.
- Adobe Acrobat DC v2017 licenses will be good until the end of the product life cycle, June 6, 2022.
Note: You must provide the hostnames for every computer you are purchasing a license for. Following purchase, Acrobat Pro DC v2017 will be remotely installed and managed by IST.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, email@example.com or ext. 44357.