What is happening? There are currently a limited number of BeyondTrust (formerly Bomgar) licenses. Additional licenses will be added and further updates will be provided once available.
What do users need to do? Log out of BeyondTrust once you have ended your session in order to allow other users to start new sessions.
Which application should I use for IT remote support? Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business can be used for IT remote support in addition to BeyondTrust. The recommended application depends on the features you need:
- Microsoft Teams: has screen sharing for basic remote assistance
- Share your screen in a chat: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/share-your-screen-in-a-chat-in-teams-2de1c624-7fbe-4b0a-99f2-33385e7d3f18
- Share your screen in a meeting: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/share-content-in-a-meeting-in-teams-fcc2bf59-aecd-4481-8f99-ce55dd836ce8
- Skype for Business: has screen sharing for basic remote assistance
- BeyondTrust: has advanced features beyond screen sharing (e.g. allows full control, admin rights escalation, etc.)
- To request a BeyondTrust account, submit an RT to email@example.com
Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 44357.