Monday, October 21, 2019
Reminder and update (Oct 25): This work will proceed as outlined below. Groups with a customized phone menu will remain on CallPilot. IST will follow-up with these groups over the next two weeks to manually migrate customized phone menus.
What is happening? The existing University telephone voicemail service, CallPilot, will be migrated to a new service called OfficeLinx.
When is this happening? Saturday, October 26 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
What is the impact?
- All existing voicemails, greetings, etc. will be migrated, except for the individual’s voicemail inbox PIN.
- Steps for signing in to the new system will be slightly different than the current system, but once signed in, all existing function keys are the same as they currently are in CallPilot.
- Dial-in phone numbers (on campus, 70000 and off campus, 519-888-4966) will remain the same.
- There will be a new web interface for OfficeLinx (used to manage mailbox and optional features, such as email forwarding).
Action required: Following the migration, individuals will be required to:
- Sign in to their voicemail inbox using their temporary PIN, and set a new personal PIN.
- If using, sign in to the web interface using their temporary application password (different from PIN), and set a new application password.
Note: Individuals will receive a separate email with their temporary PIN and application passwords. Some area telephone administrators may receive the temporary PIN and application passwords for mailboxes not owned by a specific individual.
What if I didn’t receive an email with temporary sign in details? Please submit a Request Tracker (RT) ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support resources: Please view the appropriate knowledge base article for information on logging in to the voicemail service and for steps on resetting your password.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, email@example.com or ext. 44357.