What is happening? Some Mac 2016 Skype for Business (S4B) users reported an issue making phone calls. This was a result of how the phone numbers were being stored locally, and the system mistaking phone numbers for Skype addresses.
Who is impacted? Mac 2016 users only. These users may have also experienced this problem before the October 15-18 server upgrade.
To resolve this issue: Affected users should complete the following steps to clear their local system cache:
- Log out and quit Skype for Business.
- Go to Finder > press Command+Shift+G > type in /users/<MacUsername>/library > delete the following files:
- /Users/<MacUsername>/Library/Containters > com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness
- /Users/<MacUsername>/Library/Internet Plug-Ins > MeetingJoinPlugin.plugin
- /Users/<MacUsername>/Library/Logs > LwaTracing
- /Users/<MacUsername>/Saved Application State > com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness.savedState
- /Users/<MacUsername>/Preferences > com.microsoft.skypeforbusiness.plugin.plist
Note: If you do not have one of the above files/folders, you may skip that step and move to the next one.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 44357.