What is happening? The University of Waterloo has obtained a site license for MATLAB and Simulink until June 30, 2020. All faculty, researchers, students and staff are eligible to download and install Matlab on their personally-owned computers, university-issued computers, or use Matlab Online in a web browser. Please note that commercial use of MathWorks products is not covered by our Campus-Wide License; if you are using a commercial license, please continue to do so.
To download or use MATLAB online:
- Go to the University of Waterloo’s MATLAB Portal.
- Click 'Sign in to get started' under the Get MATLAB and Simulink section.
- If you have an existing MathWorks account (set up with your uwaterloo.ca email), use your firstname.lastname@example.org email address to log in.
- If you do not have an existing MathWorks account, or your MathWorks account was not set up with a email@example.com email address, create an account using your @uwaterloo.ca email address.
- Once your account is set up, you will be linked to our MATLAB license and will be able to:
- Download and activate software on your personal computer.
- Start using MATLAB Online from a Web browser without installing anything.
Where can I learn more?
- Access free, self-paced training to get started in less than 2 hours: MATLAB Onramp.
- If you have trouble installing MATLAB, go to the MATLAB Portal and click 'Need Installation Help' to get support.
Questions or concerns? Please contact rt-ist-CSSoftware@rt.uwaterloo.ca.