What is happening? Netapp file storage is being migrated from existing file server crumb to a new netapp file server.
When is this happening? December 29 from 8:00am to 5:00pm
Why is this happening? The NetApp servers providing file sharing service to the campus will be moved to a new netapp file server to migrate the server to our "new" server room, stay current with the vendor supported platforms and increase capacity of the underlying system. As this affects so many services, this has been scheduled to happen over the holiday closure of the University.
What will you need to do? If any of the systems will affect your users you should inform them of the outage. If a service that will be affected is accessible through your website you should add a note on the webpage leading to that service.
What is the impact?
- Enterprise systems (e.g. Quest, JobMine, myHRinfo) that depend on netapp storage will be unavailable.
- N: drives in academic support and some other areas will be unavailable, and Nexus logins will not be possible in these areas.
- N: drives for students (excluding Math and Engineering).
- Roaming profile space for students (excluding Math and Engineering )and employees.
- Anyone who uses the filec shares below:
- Automated processes scheduled to occur during the upgrade window should be rescheduled or monitored closely for connection issues (e.g. MATLAB).
Questions/concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk (CHIP), firstname.lastname@example.org or ext 44357.