- UW-General-Campus (New)
- Users: Select the UW-General-Campus profile when connecting to the VPN, if desired, or if you are having issues connecting to UW-Campus.
- IT Administrators: Continue updating host-based firewall rules to include the new IP range (10.40.0.0/16).
Thursday, March 12:
What is happening? In order to accommodate a sudden increase in the number of client VPN connections, an additional campus VPN profile will be created. Additional details will be communicated in the next few days along with instructions on how to connect to the new VPN profile.
- The additional IP range will be 10.40.0.0/16 (10.40.0.0 - 10.40.255.254)
- IST will update all network access-control lists, campus firewall rules, and host-based firewall rules for IST maintained servers.
What is the impact to users? A new VPN profile will be available in the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client drop-down menu.
What do users need to do?
- Users: No action needs to be taken at this time.
- IT Administrators: Update host-based firewall rules to include the new IP range.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, email@example.com or ext. 44357.