What is happening? The Campus Avaya PBX will be patched and rebooted to keep current with vendor provided updates. Multiple outages will occur over the four-day maintenance period. Please see the full maintenance schedule and work breakdown/impact below.
December 14 and 15
From 7:00 a.m. on Thursday, December 14 to 7:00 p.m. on Friday, December 15
- Remote Survivable Media Gateways (SMG) will be patched and rebooted.
- Local dialing direct from SMGs at Pharmacy and Cambridge will be unavailable for 15 minutes each when rebooted.
- No impact to other users/sites.
8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- CallPilot voicemail system to be fully patched requiring multiple shutdowns.
- Voicemail will not be available during this maintenance window.
7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Full system shutdown from 7:00 - 8:00 a.m. for core system patching.
- No telephone services available during this time.
- Includes: All campus telephones, Skype for Business, Fax Server, Elevators, Alarm lines/panels.
- Campus phone lines, UW Police, and PAC Pool phone loops to be rebooted between 8:00 and 9:00 a.m.
- Campus phone lines will be done first to ensure full service when individual loops are rebooted.
- UW Police and PAC Pool (as per health and safety) will be done after the campus lines are confirmed active.
- Each loop will take approximately 20-30 minutes to fully reboot and patch.
- Remaining loops will be rebooted automatically by the system in groups of eight at a time.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, email@example.com or ext. 44357.