What is happening? MySharePoint will no longer be supported as of October 1.
- Current MySharePoint users will be contacted about the phased deletion of their mysharepoint.uwaterloo.ca site.
- On July 17 MySharePoint sites will be read only
- Users will have until October 1 to transfer any files they wish to keep
- The function to create new MySharePoint sites has been disabled.
- More details will be provided in follow-up communications.
Note: this only impacts MySharePoint sites. On premises departmental/group SharePoint collaboration sites will not be affected.
Why is this happening?
- MySharePoint sites only provides 1 GB of OneDrive storage and limited functionality; these sites are not being used by most of the campus community.
- The cloud-hosted Office 365 OneDrive provides 5 TB of storage and is better supported by OneDrive desktop and mobile clients.
- Moving to the cloud-based service provides a better end-user experience.
- If on-campus storage is needed, users will still have the option to use network drives.
What do users need to do? No action is required at this time, additional details will be provided at a later date. If you have concerns about this plan, please submit an RT to rt-IST-SharePoint@rt.uwaterloo.ca with the subject ‘MySharePoint Questions’ by May 21.
Other questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 44357.