Tuesday, April 30, 2019
What is happening? IST is planning an internal review of IT Service Management (ITSM) tools and processes that will evaluate whether existing resources could be better leveraged to provide a more robust solution for the ITSM needs of campus.
What will this include? To begin, this review will investigate leveraging the TeamDynamix (TDX) workflow functionality to improve response times and consistency of one of our key client communication tools, the IST Service Desk email account (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- There will be no change in how campus email is sent to the IST Service Desk
- Users will see the following minor differences:
- An automated email notification when requests are sent email@example.com
- Notifications may come from firstname.lastname@example.org
- User replies will still go to email@example.com
- Emails from TDX will include the following block of text at the bottom of each message that is normal and should be left intact: “----TEAMDYNAMIX DO NOT ALTER OR REMOVE THIS CODE----”.
When is this happening? The pilot for using TDX workflow for IST Service Desk email will begin this month (May) and continue throughout 2019.