Please note: This news item will be updated as issues are resolved.
Resolved issues update (Wednesday, May 30 at 9:00 a.m.)
- Emails to Document libraries are now fully operational.
- SharePoint Search is now working. Please submit an RT if you continue to experience issues with Search.
What is happening? The upgrade of SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2016 has been completed. Below is a high-level overview of some of the changes that users will notice as well as issues that IST is currently investigating or have been resolved (fully or partly).
- Some primary menu items have shifted location.
- New “waffle menu” in upper left corner that “hides” some of the items that had previously been constantly visible in the top menu.
- Password prompts: when using a browser to open a SharePoint file via desktop applications on non-Nexus workstations you will be prompted to enter your credentials.
- Some view settings have been reverted to default settings.
- Some settings (including any personalization) have reverted to defaults in My SharePoint.
- Some SharePoint webparts have reverted to default settings. Re-editing or re-saving the web part may be necessary.
- SharePoint Search not working; a full search crawl has been pushed on SharePoint Farm and it should be completed by tomorrow. Fully operational
- Some sites have had their quota reset to a lower number. If quota needs increasing please submit an RT.
- Reports running reporting services will require data source credentials to be re-entered in order to work properly.
- Emails to Document libraries were not being delivered. This feature is now working but not fully functional. Fully operational
- In select sites SharePoint navigation has removed some items from the top menu and re-displayed some hidden menu items; “Edit links” to resolve this issue or please submit an RT
- My Alerts not working; users may need to delete and/or recreate their alerts.
- Workflow Features are working now.
We continue to work on and resolve all reported issues resulting from the upgrade and ask you to submit an RT if you encounter any of these (or other) issues.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 44357.
Updated on Monday, May 28 at 3:15 p.m.
What is being done? SharePoint is being upgraded from SharePoint 2013 to the new version, SharePoint 2016.
Why is this being done? This is part of the normal IST upgrade and maintenance process. This upgrade will provide newer features and options available in SharePoint 2016 Server (Enterprise).
When is it being done? Saturday, May 26 between 7:00 a.m. and 11:59 p.m.
Note: If it is necessary to back-out of the changes, SharePoint may be unavailable longer than the above window while a restore is done.
What is the impact to SharePoint users? SharePoint will be unavailable during this maintenance window. After the upgrade SharePoint administrators should verify that site content has been migrated and site permissions are working correctly.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, email@example.com or ext. 83457.