Monday, October 7, 2019
With the removal of MySharePoint on October 1, the following options in the on-premises SharePoint user interface are currently not working:
- The App Launcher (waffle icon in the top-left of SharePoint sites) menu options – OneDrive, Sites, and Newsfeed
- The Public Profile links
- The Follow option
What is happening? The following changes will be made to the App Launcher menu tonight:
- OneDrive will be updated to point to the user’s Office 365 OneDrive
- Sites will be updated to point to the user’s Office 365 account
Note: the redirect to Office 365 will only work for user’s that are part of the uwaterloo.ca Office 365 tenant and not for edu.uwaterloo.ca Office 365 tenant – as we can only define one hybrid host.
When is this happening? Monday, October 7 at 10:00 p.m.
Future changes: An additional communication will be sent as the following changes are completed:
- Newsfeed in the App Launcher (waffle) menu will be deactivated
- Public Profile information will point to a user’s Office 365 profile on Delve
- Follow option will allow users to add to their Followed sites in Office 365
What do users need to do? No action is required.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 44357.