What is happening? The Skype for Business EC2 data centre pool will be updated to the latest version and an emergency Windows patch will be applied. This patch will also provide better support for the new Mac Skype for Business 2016 client.
When is this happening?
Tuesday, January 9 at midnight.
- All EC2 homed users will be failed over to the MC data centre pool. (See impact notes below)
Wednesday, January 10 and Thursday, January 11 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- All EC2 servers will be patched and rebooted multiple times. No user impact expected.
Thursday, January 11 at 10:00 p.m.
- All existing EC2 users will be failed back to the existing EC2 pool. (See impact notes below)
What is the impact to Skype for Business users? When pool failover is initiated:
- All EC2 homed users will be signed out and signed into the MC pool in a resiliency mode, until the pool failover is completed.
- All conversations will be unavailable.
- Active direct phone calls may still be active.
- Any active conferences will be disconnected, but when the failover is completed you can rejoin.
- After 10:00 p.m. on January 9 and 11, full functionality is expected to return within 10-15 minutes.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 44357.