What is happening? The Skype for Business East Campus 2 (EC2) datacentre pool will be updated to the latest version. This patch will also provide better support for the new Mac Skype for Business 2016 client and address a specific issue regarding phone calls from the Mac clients. During this time, we will also be re-balancing the two pools (EC2 and MC), which will involve moving a set of users from EC2 to MC when the maintenance is completed.
When is this happening?
Monday, October 15 at 10:00 p.m.
- All EC2 homed users will be failed over to the MC datacentre pool (See impact notes below)
Wednesday, October 17 and Thursday, October 18 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- All EC2 servers will be patched and rebooted multiple times. No user impact expected
Thursday, October 18 at 10:00 p.m.
- All existing EC2 users will be failed back to the existing EC2 pool (See impact notes below)
- ~1000 accounts will be moved from EC2 to MC to re-balance our pools
What is the impact to Skype for Business users? When pool failover is initiated:
- All EC2 homed users will be signed out and signed into the MC pool in a resiliency mode, until the pool failover is completed
- All conversations will be unavailable
- Active direct phone calls may still remain active
- Any active conferences will be disconnected, but when the failover is completed you can rejoin
- After 10:00 p.m. on October 15 and 18, full functionality is expected to return within 15-20 minutes
Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 44357.