Please forward to faculty and students who use Adobe Creative Cloud for course work.
What is happening? As a result of the recent campus closure, students no longer have access to Adobe Creative Cloud in labs and classrooms. Adobe has provided temporary at-home access for impacted students and faculty so that they can continue their work remotely. These temporary licenses are for 'product download only' and will be available until May 31, 2020.
To get access to Creative Cloud Desktop applications on your personal device:
- Provide your uwaterloo.ca email address to firstname.lastname@example.org; your uwaterloo.ca email will be used for your Adobe ID. Note: Ensure that the email address used to create your Adobe ID matches the email address provided to request the software. (e.g. if email@example.com was requested, then firstname.lastname@example.org will not work.)
- Once your account has been set up, go to: https://creativecloud.adobe.com.
- Use your UWaterloo email address to create an Adobe ID. It is recommended you set your Adobe ID password to be something different from your other passwords. If you already have an Adobe ID set up with your UWaterloo email address, you can use your existing Adobe ID
- If prompted, select Company or School Account and then enter your password.
- From the Creative Cloud website, browse for and download your desired app. Click 'Apps' on the top of the page to view all apps.
For detailed instructions with screenshots, installation notes, and additional resources, go to: https://wiki.uwaterloo.ca/display/ISTKB/Temporary+Access+to+Adobe+Creative+Cloud+desktop+apps
Questions or concerns? Please contact rt-ist-CSSoftware@rt.uwaterloo.ca.