What is happening? The identity management system known as WatIAM will be replaced. This foundational work is part of a multi-year program to update campus identity and access management services.
When is it happening? Monday, April 9 at 4:30 p.m. until Thursday, April 12 at 8:00 a.m.
What is the impact? The WatIAM system will be down and unavailable to clients during the upgrade process.
- Authentication services will remain available.
- Identity management services will be unavailable for the duration of the outage, including new identity creation and changes to user information such as emails and passwords.
- Identities in the current WatIAM system prior to the planned outage will have been provisioned already, including post-dated or future dated items during the outage period.
- Dependent applications, such as myHRinfo, will continue to process new application accounts during the outage, however the new identity (and therefore user access) will not be provisioned until after the identity system change is complete. These new accounts will be queued and processed when the new service is available.
- Critical requests for changes to user access can be directed to the IST Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 44357.
After the upgrade: While most end-users will not see a significant change, the introduction of SailPoint IIQ technology will bring considerable changes for WatIAM administrators.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, email@example.com or ext. 44357.