Return to the Portfolio Management Group: Root-cause analysis workshop event listing
The workshop is broken into 2 parts to accommodate flexibility in attendee scheduling. Attendees are encouraged to participate throughout the workshop, but we understand that this time commitment is a substantial request.
Session 1: Introduction and Priority [1 hour]
- Introduction and Outline for the Workshop [15 min]
- Pam Fluttert will provide a background of the PMG and context for how the workshop fits into the overall work of the PMG in serving IST.
- Our facilitator will provide a general overview of the workshop and provide some definitions and ground rules for discussion.
- Prioritising items to address [30 min]
- The workshop will break into groups, each group will have an assigned facilitator and theme area for discussion.
- From the list of items in the assigned theme area, each group will be asked to select a method of prioritisation to identify the top 1-3 items to be addressed in the next session of the workshop.
- Present items to other groups [15 min]
- The groups will be asked to briefly present which items they will be discussing and how they identified priority.
Session 2: Root cause analysis [1 to 1 1/2 hours]
- Root cause analysis [45 min]
- The groups will use a variety of tools and techniques, led by their group facilitator, to reach an understanding of the root causes for their identified pain points.
- Presentation of findings [15-30min]
- The groups will be asked to briefly present their findings regarding root causes, as well as any solutions recommended or implied by these causes.
- Recording and Next steps [15 min]
- The group facilitators will be asked to provide a summary of their findings for collection.
- A report of these findings will be made available the following week for review.
- A brief introduction of the next PMG Workshop on project management methodologies.
Please indicate below your availability for either or both sessions.