About the IST Service Desk (CHIP)
Provides services to meet the computing needs of University of Waterloo faculty, staff and students.
It is recommended that users visit the Davis Centre Service Desk for most computer related issues.
Visit the CHIP
East Campus 2 - view the campus map.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
Call, email or chat
Contact the IST Service Desk (CHIP) for general computing questions including services, network and computer repairs.
- ext. 84357 (on campus)
- 519-888-4357 (off campus)
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
After hours and weekend help
- Advanced WatIAM troubleshooting
- Advanced network troubleshooting
- BlackBerry setup
- Licensed software distribution
- Self-serve flatbed scanner
- Scantron exam (OMR) scanning (in MC 1052 until January 2015)
- Exam marking public workstations (in MC 1052 until January 2015)
- List of licensed software
- MSDN-AA for students
- Hardware repair drop-off and pick up
- PC/Mac troubleshooting - software, hardware, and wireless consultation
- XAS (Nexus) printing accounts
- Request Tracker (RT) system
- Exam processing
- CHIP self-serve facilities
- Helpful links
- FAQ at the CHIP
- 'How to' documents